Bergamot, Cedar, Musk
(H 10) cm
All prices include VAT
Baobab Collection candles are created using high quality raw materials sourced in Europe. The glass is crafted in Poland, the mineral wax comes from Germany, and the scents are created and perfected in Grasse. Each Baobab candle is hand-poured in multiple pouring phases into glass containers that have been hand-blown by master craftsmen, making each candle completely unique.
The word ‘Kilim’ comes from the Persian word ‘Gelim’ and refers to a woolen carpet with a flat stitch, a combination of warp and weft threads. Its Middle Eastern, Persian, or Caucasian origins are thousands of years old and the Kilims by their decorations and colors preserve the memory of both nomadic and sedentary peoples. Each tribe or village had its own decoration and used its own colors drawn from natural pigments. Whether complex or pure, abstract or figurative, decorations form symbolic writings inherited from ancient shamanic beliefs.
To create the silkscreened decoration of the Kilim candle, Baobab drew inspiration from Moldavian and Romanian carpets, most of which feature very colorful floral motifs. Over the last decade, these shimmering carpets have become one of the key decorative elements of urban tribes that highlight eclecticism and travel in their homes.
The glass of the Kilim scented candle is covered in a gold and colored silkscreen print that represents the floral and stylized motifs of Moldavian carpets. The decoration, delicately applied to the glass by hand is placed in a high temperature oven so it can perfectly adhere to the material. Its floral and musky fragrance will spread a sophisticated and refined olfactory assortment, in keeping with the richness of the glass decoration.
Bergamot, Cedar, Musk: The floral and musky fragrance will spread a sophisticated and refined olfactory assortment, in keeping with the richness of the glass decoration.
About the Brand
Working with the tagline, "Where luxury home fragrance meets creative design," Baobab Collection first saw the light of day in 2002, in the enchanting landscape of Tanzania, a country rich in intense colors and bewitching perfumes. The collections are inspired by faraway places and wild nature, but it is in Belgium that the new creations are dreamed up. The Baobab Collection finds unlimited inspirations through the wonders of the world. Each candle tells a new story: the name, the perfume, and the materials chosen are closely linked. The Belgian brand is committed to certain values including high-quality craftsmanship and respect for the environment. Like the Baobab Collection tree in the African savannah which inspired its name, each candle from Baobab Collection makes an impression and stands out from the ordinary. Baobab Collection’s candles are known for their size and original designs. They are extraordinary objects providing an olfactory and aesthetic experience, crafted using materials that are carefully selected and sourced across Europe and created by the best European artisans.
Made in Belgium.
Product type: Scented candle with 4 wicks
Materials: Made from 90% pure paraffin wax, hand-blown glass, and wicks of Egyptian cotton.
Fragrance: Bergamot, Cedar, and Musk
Color: Covered with a gold and colored silk-screen print that represents the floral and stylized motifs of Moldavian carpets.
Height: 10 cm
Weight: 1.35 kg
Capacity: 500 g
Burn time: Approximately 60 hours
* Burn within sight.
* Keep away from things that catch fire.
* Keep away from children and pets.
* When burning more than one candle at the same time, always ensure that at least 20 cm space is left between burning candles.
* Do not let candle burn for longer than one hour once the entire surface of the candle is liquid.
* Do not let the candle burn to the end.
* Do not leave a burning candle unattended or close to easily flammable objects.
* Do not place candles near a source of heat. Put candles on a heat resistant surface.
* To reduce sooting, trim the wick 0.6 cm each time the candle is to be relit.
* Avoid using in drafty areas. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
* Please note that some images used to depict this item in use do not represent the correct size of the product listed here for purchase.
* In accordance with Cities’ Shipping & Return Policy, this item is not eligible for return or exchange.