Odyssée Ulysse Candle
Lavender, Cedar Wood, Lemon
(H 10) cm
All prices include VAT
Baobab Collection candles are created using high quality raw materials sourced in Europe. The glass is crafted in Poland, the mineral wax comes from Germany, and the scents are created and perfected in Grasse. Each Baobab candle is hand-poured in multiple pouring phases into glass containers that have been hand-blown by master craftsmen, making each candle completely unique.
Drawing influence from the shores of the Aegean Sea, the Odyssée collection shares three candles with names evocative of Homer’s epics: The Illiad, which shares the story of the Trojan War, and the Odyssey which tells the tale of Ulysses and his journey back to his homeland of Ithaca. Directly inspired by these masterpieces of Greek literature and the elegance of ancient Greece, the fragrances in this collection are a tribute to love and the magical locations where these stories took place.
To create the subtle decorations for this collection, Baobab collaborated with French cultural heritage craftsmen who practice the art of making and dying Washi paper. Using natural pigments and a folding technique to create a delicate print, the Odyssée containers are printed with these designs on glass while keeping the initial texture of the paper.
The Ulysse scented candle is housed in a glass container decorated with a pattern in blue and turquoise hues. The glass lets the flame shine through like alabaster, giving it a refined and mysterious appearance. Its fragrance is reminiscent of the scent of lush gardens.
Lavender, Cedar Wood, Lemon: Its perfume of lavender, cedar wood, and lemon evokes the scent of a luxuriant jungle.
About the Brand
Working with the tagline, “Where luxury home fragrance meets creative design,” Baobab Collection first saw the light of day in 2002, in the enchanting landscape of Tanzania, a country rich in intense colors and bewitching perfumes. The collections are inspired by faraway places and wild nature, but it is in Belgium that the new creations are dreamed up. The Baobab Collection finds unlimited inspirations through the wonders of the world. Each candle tells a new story: the name, the perfume, and the materials chosen are closely linked. The Belgian brand is committed to certain values including high-quality craftsmanship and respect for the environment. Like the baobab tree in the African savannah which inspired its name, each candle from Baobab makes an impression and stands out from the ordinary. Baobab Collection’s candles are known for their size and original designs. They are extraordinary objects providing an olfactory and aesthetic experience, crafted using materials that are carefully selected and sourced across Europe and created by the best European artisans.
Made in Belgium.
Product type: Scented candle with 4 wicks
Materials: Made from 90% pure paraffin wax, hand-blown glass, and wicks of Egyptian cotton.
Fragrance: Lavender, Cedar Wood, and Lemon
Color: Decorated with subtle blue and turquoise motifs.
Height: 10 cm
Weight: 1.35 kg
Capacity: 500 g
Burn time: Approximately 60 hours
* Burn within sight.
* Keep away from things that catch fire.
* Keep away from children and pets.
* When burning more than one candle at the same time, always ensure that at least 20 cm space is left between burning candles.
* Do not let candle burn for longer than one hour once the entire surface of the candle is liquid.
* Do not let the candle burn to the end.
* Do not leave a burning candle unattended or close to easily flammable objects.
* Do not place candles near a source of heat. Put candles on a heat resistant surface.
* To reduce sooting, trim the wick 0.6 cm each time the candle is to be relit.
* Avoid using in drafty areas. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
* Please note that some images used to depict this item in use do not represent the correct size of the product listed here for purchase.
* In accordance with Cities’ Shipping & Return Policy, this item is not eligible for return or exchange.